It seems like every updated version of an existing product tends to contain an assortment of miscelleneous “cats & dogs” enhancements. Here’s a list of some of those enhancements in the Agilent T&M Toolkit 2.0 for Visual Studio .NET 2003:
- IO Monitor displays VISA status code mnemonics e.g. VI_ERROR_TMO instead of -1073807339.
- DirectIO updates:
- Now supports the SOCKET resource class.
- New SynchronizingObject property allows you to specify a WinForms control (or form) that will be used to thread-marshal ServiceRequest events to the thread used to create the control.
- ASRL (serial) and SOCKET connection types get TerminationCharacterEnabled property set to true automatically.
- DirectIO nows uses the VisaCom Global Resource Manager to instantiate the underlying VisaCom session.
- InteractiveIO has been updated as follows:
- Added a “SYST:ERR?“ toolbar button.
- InteractiveIO now displays non-printable characters in hex format like so: «xFA»
- While the command text box has focus, pressing Enter will either send the command or do a query (if the text ends with a “?“).
- If the connection is Serial or Socket the termination character mode is enabled. For Serial & Socket connections, InteractiveIO will parse and read a definite length 488.2 block IFF the first character of the response is a “#“. Unfortunately *LRN? query responses contain an embedded definite length block. So if you encounter this on a serial or SOCKET connection, you will need to keep pressing “Read“ until the read operation times out.
- All graphs provide support for programmatically creating an Image object of the graph and saving an image to file.
- Caption alignment on all graphs works better.
- StripChart can now be cleared.
- StripChart horizontal scrollbar works more sanely.
- WaveformGraph / WaveformTrace accept the Waveform data type.
- MagnitudeSpectrumGraph, PhaseSpectrumGraph and SpectrumTrace now accept the Spectrum data type.